Monday, August 27, 2007

Are We Done Yet?

I am busy this week getting everything together to start school next week. Yesterday I decided to fill his folders for the first week. I will have a folder for each day of the week. I will fill them the week before. The night before each school day I will move the worksheets to his seat work folder. I am not a work from the workbook kinda girl. Too many other pages to distract me. Anyway, trying to do all of my prep work has been difficult today. When the kids go to school you get to this week and it cannot go quick enough. The kids are ready and your head is screaming "Isn't summer over yet?" It has been one of those days. I am a little discouraged thinking if I already feel this way how am I going to survive? I know once we are busy with school work there is less opportunity for the children to be into things. I also know this is one day and tomorrow is a new day. Okay, I have vented now I feel better!

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

Julie,
You are homeschooling again? I am going to homeschool our children this year too. We actually started this week. What grammar are you using? The week went ok, but I am hoping it goes more smoothly as time goes on. I need to learn to be more structured.
Sherrill

Julie said...

Sorry Sherrill! I just saw this. Yes we are homeschooling. We are using Shurley Grammar. I was a little afraid of it after my last experience, but I ordered the Veritas Press lesson plans and have found them to be helpful in getting it all done. It is something to keep me on track I guess. We are also tying to find our grove. Keeping Isaac focused while having Zachary and Jack around is proving to be very difficult.