Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Still Waiting

Just wanted to give a quick update about the adoption. Things are going well. He is absolutely beautiful and we are falling more and more in love with him everyday. The other children are so good with him. We are still just biding our time until parental rights are terminated.We should know sometime in July if it is going to be a smooth process or not. It is hard to not be 100% secure in our future with him. Some days are better than others. I have to remind myself often that he is not my child, but God's and He is taking care of him. The day we left Hawaii I had a heart to heart with the birth mother. I wanted to know honestly how she was going. She told me, "I keep telling myself he is not my child or yours, but God's, and that helps me to really be okay." So, I keep thinking if she can think that, I definitely can. Yes, if you are wondering, she is an amazing person. So, anyway, if you think of it please remember to pray for us. I cannot wait until the day this is done and I can show off his beautiful picture and tell all of his cute little stories.

No comments: