Monday, December 1, 2008

Animals Have Feelings Too

So, Sarah decided she had something really serious to tell me. She was so nervous she needed to have her dad help. Bruce says, "Sarah has something to tell you." Sarah says, " Mom, I have decided to become a vegetarian." I ask, "Why?" Sarah, "Animals have feelings too!" She has decided the less meat she eats, the fewer animals that have to be slaughtered. If you have ever met Sarah you would know 'She ain't no bigger than a minute.'(Sorry, my southern side had to come out for a second.)She rarely eats a full serving of anything. I was not sure what to do with this information, but after explaining that I would not make her an extra meal and she had to eat what was served to her when she was a guest in someones home, we decided to ride this wave. She is very serious.

On a side note, we inherited two birds this weekend. One died within 24 hours, the other injured his beak. We are not good pet people. As soon as I came upstairs from hearing Sarah's news I found the dead bird. You can imagine how this went with little Miss. Animals Have Feelings Too. Needless to say, I went out and bought another bird. Just so you know, I hate birds and have sworn I would never own any.

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

We were giving two birds about a month ago. They lasted about three weeks. Andrew it seems is extremely alergic to birds. And it made our homeschooling miserable.
I enjoyed reading your blog on adoption. I didn't realize the controversy existed. May God bless you and your family and teach you when to speak and when to be quiet.
Sherrill

Julie said...

Sherrill,

So far these birds are okay. They are finches and I guess they are pretty quiet. As for the messiness, the kids are still excited so they are cleaning it all up. I am sure it will not last much longer.