Monday, December 15, 2008

I Am So Excited

My favorite movie growing up was The Sound of Music. I know, I am a nerd. Well, our friends called to say they had tickets to hear the Von Trapp family sing with the Philadelphia Pops Orchestra and they wanted to take Bruce and me with the two older children. They have no clue who we are going to see so I am making them watch the movie tonight. Sarah will love it, Isaac will consider it torture. My saving grace will be that our friends think we will get to go backstage and meet them. Isaac will think that is great. We will get them and Maria Von Trapp to autograph our book. I know. What a geek I am! You should have seen me the day I was answering the phones at Veritas Press and someone asked to speak to Marlin. I said he was not available. May I take a message? She says, "It is Maria Von Trapp. He knows how to reach me." You have to understand. I remember being about Sarah's age and singing all of the songs from the movie over and over and over again. I thought I was Julie Andrews.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, Julie!! I'm so excited for you and wish I could go with you!! The Sound of Music is my favorite and I've made Pete watch it a few times. You definitely need to take pictures and tell all about your trip! So cool!

Julie said...

Heather, it was a great concert! I will post a picture and tell all about it after Christmas. I have once again procrastinated!!