Monday, January 7, 2008

What a Day!!

Wow! What a day! We started back full speed today. It is 2:15 and we have about another hour or so of work. Not to bad. Especially when you consider our day. Over Christmas break Jackson has turned into a 1 almost 2 year boy. He is into everything. He knows he is into everything because he walks around with this very suspicious smile. About mid morning his fingers were accidentally slammed in the bathroom door. I am still questioning if they are broken. So you may ask how we school in the middle of all of this. Somehow it happens. One important step is to not give up. It may be easy to think the day is ruined, we will start over tomorrow. But, that could be said everyday in a home with small children. So I just keep going. I will have to find ways to contain him. A good friend recently told me that the obedience and order of her little ones determine the learning ability of her older ones. I know it sounds like common sense, but it is very easy to say, "I know" but never do anything about it. So that is my number 1 priority right now. (Besides all of the home study stuff. I just like to pretend that is not happening, or maybe my house is cleaner and more organized than I think and it will not take that much to prepare for them.)I will be trying to find more ways to entertain Jack while training him to be obedient. Any suggestions?

No comments: