Friday, December 14, 2007

Feasting This Week

Since joining my blogs I have been quite lazy at posting on Sabbath Feasting. We do still feast almost weekly. It is just easier to post about things I do not have to think about. I will be changing that.I am going to attempt to get back into the habit of sharing feasting menus and ideas. That said this weekend is the Christmas party for the employees at school. We will be eating there. I will have a brunch on Sunday after church for our feast. I grew up having this appetizer around Christmas. It goes well with a brunch so we will be having it along with a breakfast strata and a breakfast bread. I have never known the name of the appetizer. But here is the recipe.

1 lb ground beef (browned)
1 lb ground sausage (browned)
1 lb Velveeta Cheese
1 loaf party bread

Mix the first three ingredients together until the cheese is melted. (It melts faster if it is cut in small pieces.) Spread the mixture on the bread and bake at 350 until the mixture is warm and the bread is toasted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, what is party bread? and will you make your breakfast bread?

Julie said...

Maybe it is not called party bread. That is what my mom always called it. It is little miniature loaves of bread. They come in rye and pumpernickel and maybe a few more. My grocery store sells them in the deli section. As for the bread, I am not sure yet. We are doing all of our Christmas gift baking and cooking tonight and tomorrow. It depends on how much time I have. We have a few grocery stores here that have great bakeries, so I may just pick one up from there. I am not the best baker therefore, my family does not complain about store bought baked goods. I am learning, but all of the precise measuring gets on my nerves:)!

Julie said...

I looked in the store today. It is actually called Cocktail Bread.