Monday, February 11, 2008

Temptations

I read something recently that caught my eye. I do not remember the exact quote, but the gist basically was how ironic it is that as adults we stay away from temptations, but we surround our children with them on a daily basis. Pastors, teachers, mentors,etc. tell us to stay away from those things which may cause us to stumble. I have heard whole sermons on this. It is wise advice. My question is this. Why then do we expect our children to be stronger than we are? Do not get me wrong. WE all need self-control. We cannot hide from all temptations, nor should we. How do we as Christians take back the culture if we can't function in it? But, this just made me think. Do we hold our kids to a higher standard than we hold ourselves and which standard is right?

No comments: